Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hey there, Cupcake!


Here is my latest creation scraplifted from the Stamp Goddess Tresa Black!  This was so much fun to make.  Took 4 hours but I like the results so much that I've already got 5 more in the works!  I'm thinking I can get this down to less than an hour if I prep all the pieces/parts before hand.  Tresa has a wonderful video on her blog http://www.fabulouslyartsy.com/ listed under her tutorials and named "Cupcake Gift Card Holder."  Check it out! 

I used one of the Daydream B&T papers for the base.  The ribbons, flowers, and wooden bead for the cherry I found at Michael's.  I would like to find a larger wooden ball for the cherry.  The paper flowers are Making Memories but I think the Just Blooms from CTMH would be better.  I didn't have any on hand.  Need a little more practice with the base and placing the ribbons just so, but all in all I like it. 


The nicest thing about making these is no oven required!  And anytime I can get out of using my oven in Florida, I'm there!  Oh, yeah, and there are no calories but they produce lots of smiles when friends see them! 

I think I'm going to add a "To/From" tag that says Happy Birthday, Great Job, or Congratulations, and attach it to the binder clip.  I think a greeting card could be attached to the clip, too, instead of a gift card.  Lots of possibilities!

Gotta go make ribbon ruffles so I can "ice" the cupcakes tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I like card making and this post has caught my attention. I'm gonna follow the tutorial site. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete