Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day Blog Hop - October 3, 2009

Hi, Ladies!  If you've hopped in from Laurie's blog (http://westmanscrapbooks.blogspot.com/), welcome to the debut of Cardmaking in Paradise!  Can you believe I joined the World Card Making Day Blog Hop without a blog?  I thought I could join this blog hop and just see all the wonderful creations you ladies have posted, but NO, I'm supposed to have a place to for you to hop to!  Haley has convinced me that this is a great way to present myself to the world, so here goes! 


I made this bookmark/card combination using the Jingle Level 2 paper pack.  This paper pack surprised me because one doesn't usually associate pink with Christmas but I love the soft look of juniper mixed with tulip, baby pink and blush or hollyhock (this color was tough to determine because it is sort of second generation to me). 


I found this bookmark style in the July 09 issue of Cardmaker magazine. The card base is 8 x 3-1/2 of white daisy cardstock.  I embossed the stamp image "JOY" from the new Holiday Jingle stamp set and added a clear sparkle in the middle of the snowflake.  All the B&T papers used are edge distressed with coordinating inks and the tulip band is scissor distressed using the CTMH edge distresser. 

The present that is exposed when the bookmark is removed from the card is cut from the B&T "presents" paper.  It is embellished with a crocheted flower highlighted by a clear button threaded with a narrow strip of juniper cardstock.

The card front is attached using foam tape at the top, center, and bottom and finished off with juniper grosgrain ribbon.  I think the inside of the card can be slit to hold a gift card from a bookstore to make this an ideal gift for the readers on your Christmas lists.

I hope you like it as much as I!  Enjoy the blog hop and I certainly look forward to getting inspired by all of you.  I've got to get back to cardmaking in paradise (Sarasota, Florida, that is!).  After all, there are so many visions of cards dancing in my head and so many holidays will soon be here.  Back to the paper cutter (but not until I've finished blog hopping myself)!

Here is your next link:  http://scrapbookczar.blogspot.com/2009/10/world-cardmaking-day-ctmh-blog-hop-ctmh.html     Have fun blog hopping and a great day celebrating the art of cardmaking!

13 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I love your card and bookmark combo. So creative and pretty! I look forward to more great artwork, so keep it coming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! Beautiful card and creative, too! A great start

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh what a darling idea! I really love the bookmark!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now how DARLING is that!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny, this is fantastic! I LOOVEEE your flower/button bow combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, how clever is that?! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Thanks for sharing...what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Very clever card/bookmark! The little details are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is hot! Cleaver idea, that's one for the books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a sucker for a tall card, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card!! What a great idea with the added bookmark. Any chance you could send me the directions or measurements? I would really like to give this a try. Thanks so much.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete